Ibrahim gave an overview of the school. The school is going on well. 2 additional teachers are being funded by TSE. Their contract is for 2 years. This makes 8 total teachers.
Persistent problems are
1. Desks are a problem. It is decided that a proposal will be written for desk. They would like to have combined desks for lower standards- 3 students to desk. For upper standards, they would like individual desks with seats attached and lockable tops.
2. Ibrahim mentions that drop out rates are a problem. The population is pastoralists, and students leave Boka to attend a school with dormitories.
3. The board discussed the nursery school teacher. The board decided that additional training was needed and a consistent salary. Currently, the nursery school teacher is paid per student but many parents do not pay.
Gill reviews with the trust how to complete a proposal and the requirements. Stephen is asked to find a copy for the school staff.
The trustees are asked to give a detailed state of the school. At this time Gill suggests we establish the rules for the meeting. Mark is chosen as the chair. It is also established that mobile calls will be taken outside.
b. State of school
- 296 Children
- Standar1-6 189
- Nursery 107
- 66 girls Standard 1-6
- 123 boys standard 1-6
- 2 Classroom were built for a total of 9. There is an efficient # of classrooms.
- Nursery through Standard 2 has two streams.
- Standard 3-6 has only one.
The Secretary asked how many boys and girls are in Standard Standard 6, Nursery 2, Standard 1 2 streams; others 1 stream.
More boys than girls in nursery
Standard 6 has one more boy
School has a well but not complete no hand pump draw the water up by hand. Done by individual Drinking comes from Boka Wells Community.
Seats given to teachers and desk to head teacher
Dropouts: pastoralists they drop out and go to boarding school. Must attend nursery to enter Standard 1. Nursery teacher paid 150 per child per month. 15,000 per month but not all students pay. He needs training and a salary.
Desks: There is only one proposal. Stephen has proposal forms to be filled in. Lets ask if Stephen for proposal
The trust discusses types of desks. Want to have seat attached and lock the top of the desk. For upper classes. Combined in 3 for lower classes.
Sam arrived from Nigeria; interested in Boka involved in school dev in the same district. Organization is Christ Vision
c. Members invited